So a bit more about the actual project. This is my first top down sweater and boy was it easier then I thought it was going to be (I was imagining a ton of nightmare scenarios where I would lose count/lose stitches/etc). Something that really helped me was this Tin Can Knits series on sweater techniques, specifically this post, which contains all the goodies about casting off the arms.
For the yarn I used this dk Cascade Sateen I already had on hand. The bummer with that was once I got to the arms I had already run out of yarn and had to find more… And unfortunately, my local yarn shop wasn’t selling it anymore. I found some online, waited for it for a little bit and continued on (slowly). Having never hit this roadblock before I didn’t realize it would take a while for me to pick this wip back up again. But finally I did, and I managed to finish it before she outgrows it.
So for sizing, I based it on her chest measurements and knitted up a 24. I then added knitted up the length according to wear it would hit on her when she would try it on. This would fall into the dress length category of the pattern. It’s super cute, but when you put a tee and jeans underneath it looks a little short on her. Next time I’ll know to make it full length.